Alabama Symphony Orchestra
Media and Communication Interns will work with the Vice President for Marketing and Communications as well as other marketing and communications team members to coordinate press leading up to concerts and special events, while creating and distributing marketing and public relations materials.
A good fit for this position would be those interested in gaining experience in public relations, marketing, and communications.
– Assist the marketing/communications team with writing and distributing PR materials for press and internet including: general interest articles, press releases, e-blasts, print and radio advertisements.
– Assist production and physical distribution of marketing and PR materials including: posters, flyers and vouchers
– Assist with website maintenance and content updates, as well as reports
– Assist with the graphic design of concert posters and digital graphic content
– Supports the PR department in the development and maintenance of relationships with print, electronic and broadcast media to maximize positive coverage of the ASO
-Helps maintain databases and builds targeted distribution lists
– Drafts and implements PR communication vehicles including news releases, monthly calendars, press kits, media advisories, fact sheets, fun facts and trivia
– Supports the PR department in creating pitch ideas and plans that will result in maximum exposure for the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
– Strong writing and editing skills
– Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus
-Excellent computer skills including web-based, interactive communications, video and photo editing software. HTML knowledge a plus
-Detail oriented; excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
– Knowledge of classical music and prior marketing experience a plus
-Outgoing, even tempered, extremely organized, mature person, able to work well under pressure and with all personality types
PHYSICAL AND WORKING DEMANDS:
Preferred work schedule is between approximately 10-30 hours a week. The job requires some lifting, a valid driver’s license. It is recommended that the intern bring and use his or her own personal laptop.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Timeline of internship is dependent on candidate availability and schedule. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.