Jan 26, 2017
Join the University Programs team! As a University Programs (UP) Communications Team Member, you will be instrumental in promoting and branding of the University Programs office.
Members of the UP Communications Team will be responsible for promoting and branding of multiple events for University Programs each semester. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in development and implementation of marketing strategies for University Programs’ events to an array of prospective attendees.
- Assisting in creation and implementation of communications strategies regarding media relations, including, but not limited to, Webmaster, social media, digital signage, press releases, blogs, and campus publications.
- Researching and proposing new, creative and innovative ideas for campus marketing and branding of events.
- Creating timelines for marketing events including tangible goals, objectives, strategies and tactics
- Designing flyers using various design software programs – including, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Proposing and designing promotional material giveaways and campaigns.
- Establishing relations with campus media outlets.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled and continuing as a full-time student at The University of Alabama for the current academic year.
- Must be in good academic standing, and have and maintain a minimum 2.80 cumulative GPA (must provide unofficial transcript if selected for interview).
- Must be available to work between 10-20 hours per week (must provide copy of class schedule if selected for interview).
- Must be available to work events on early mornings, nights, and weekends and be able to lift up to 20+ lbs while working extended hours.
- Must provide a writing sample (i.e. press release, feature story, etc.) and/or design sample (i.e. flyer, handbill, invitation, etc.) during interview.
Skills and Knowledge: Organized; Flexible and able to adapt to change quickly; Strong background in writing with AP Style & PR Style; Work well with other student staff and professional staff members; Ability to think through project details and foresee potential problems.
Normal Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 10-20 hours per week; to include early morning, evening, and weekend hours. Hourly Paid Position.