Mar 6, 2017
Summit Group’s internship program provides students with hands-on experience at a national marketing firm. Throughout the internship program, students will have the opportunity to work with various departments within Summit Group and engage in a variety of assignments and projects to develop marketing and business skills.
Summit Group is currently looking for an intern within the Marketing Solutions (SMS) division. The Marketing Solutions team develops and manages integrated marketing campaigns, which include advertising, merchandising, promotions and events, for consumer and business-to-business brands. As an intern, you will assist the SMS team in their short-term and long-term objectives.
Responsibilities may include:
- Client services: Attend client meetings, handle various requests from sales managers, general admin and organization duties
- Client communication: Prepare status call recap communication documents, share update and reports as needed
- Online media: Web site analysis and management, contribute to e-mail marketing communications
- Business development: Conduct new business research and competitor analysis, participate in the creation of RFP responses on behalf of SMS team
- Social media: manage client social media accounts, contribute to monthly reporting process, help manage online advertising such as Facebook ads and Promoted Pins on Pinterest
- Creative services management and event planning: Coordinate creative development of event program
- Market research: Create trends research, including presentation of results
- Media buying/placement: Monitor print and online media placements
- Financial management: File invoices, proposals and PO’s from client
Throughout the internship program students will be given professional coaching and have opportunities to work on special projects of their choosing. At the end of the internship, students will have an exit interview where they will be considered for future employment.
Skills required for this position:
- Must be currently enrolled in college (sophomore or above)
- Commitment to at least 30 hours work per week
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others and manage multiple deliverables at once
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube)
- Motivated self-starter
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Letter of Credit (for credit-earning positions)
This full-time, paid internship takes place in Atlanta, Georgia from May 15th to July 31, 2017. Interested applicants should email a resume to Brittany Downey.