Cohn & Wolfe is an award-winning, integrated brand communications agency within WPP, the world’s largest media and communications services conglomerate. Guided by an internal mantra to “Dig Deeper, Imagine More,” we work hard to deliver creative campaigns that are deeply grounded in consumer and marketplace insights, backed by a full-suite of strategic services to meet the needs of our clients. At Cohn & Wolfe Austin our roster of clients includes Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Applebee’s, Alcon, Fruit of the Loom, DineEquity, Newell Rubbermaid, Cirque du Soleil, and SONIC Drive-In. The Austin office is located in the heart of downtown, close to the historic Texas State Capitol, legendary restaurants and music venues that make Austin the “Live Music Capital of the World”. The summer-long internship enables interns to support a variety of public relations and digital media activities while developing real-world skills for a future career in marketing communications.
The typical day for an intern will include any of the following:
• Conducting online research and analysis
• Writing press materials
• Researching and compiling client media coverage reports
• Building media lists, pitch plans and drafting media pitches
• Researching editorial opportunities and providing analysis
• Participating in client and new business brainstorms
• Pitching to the media and influencers
• Assisting with media trainings and event preparation
• Developing social media content and analyzing results
• Strong research and writing skills as well as working knowledge of digital media practices
• Interest in public relations, communications, business/marketing, digital/social media, research, analytics, sociology and/or cultural trends
• Undergraduates at the junior level and above or graduate students in a related field
• Availability to work 20-25 hours per week for the semester
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Cohn & Wolfe Austin is unable to provide any relocation assistance for those applying out of the area/state
Paid internship ($12/hour)
How to apply:
The following information is required in order to be considered for an internship at Cohn & Wolfe:
1) A cover letter expressing your interest and goals for the internship. Please limit to one page.
2) Your resume.
A writing test will be distributed to applicants who make it through the first round of the review process. It will be sent via email to those who need to complete it and will be due within 48 hours. Please email all documents as attachments to Kirstie Russell at Kirstie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 11:59 p.m. Sunday, March 4.