Feb 13, 2018
Congresswoman Terri Sewell (AL-07) is now accepting applications for internship positions in her Washington D.C. office for the summer of 2018. This is a great opportunity for students and recent graduates to learn how Congress works first hand. Interns will have a number of responsibilities, including performing legislative research, drafting letters to constituents, attending committee hearings, giving U.S. Capitol tours to visitors and providing administrative assistance to Congresswoman Sewell and her staff. Applications are due March 9th, 2018.
- Applicants should show an interest in public service, government, and the legislative process.
- Preference will be given to constituents or Alabama natives, but all applications will be reviewed.
- Applicants should have a strong academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher preferred) and be highly motivated.
- Preference will be given to applicants that can work full time (Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm). Under special circumstances, we will accept applicants that can work a minimum of 25 hours a week.
- Students in all fields of study are encouraged to apply.
- Internship positions are unpaid.
To apply, clic here
and follow the directions on the page. Make sure to attach your resume, cover letter and a short writing sample.
If you have any further questions regarding Congresswoman Sewell’s internship program, please call her D.C. office at 202.225.2665.