Mar 27, 2018
First Year Experience and Retention Initiatives:
First Year Experience and Retention Initiatives is seeking Student Coordinators for summer terms! Positions are available for Communications Student Coordinator, Yea, Alabama! Support Student Coordinator, and Camp 1831 Support Student Coordinator. These positions are available for summer terms only. A full description of positions is available below as well as the link to apply. Here is a link to applications. If you have any questions about the application or position, please contact Chelsea Ratcliff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Coordinator must:
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time (Spring and Fall) at The University of Alabama.
- Support the FYE team and mission by fulfilling all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Have an interest in or basic knowledge of first-year student transition issues and trends, UA campus resources, and event planning.
- Exhibit skills in organization and time management.
All Student Coordinators will:
- Lead efforts in First Year Experience benchmark research, keeping the office up-to-date with first-year student trends and issues.
- Assist with writing and editing articles for the First Year Experience E-Newsletter and other communication efforts.
- Correspond and answer student/faculty/staff/external audience questions or concerns via phone, e-mail, and social media.
- Represent FYE and The University of Alabama professionally at all times.
Communications Student Coordinator will:
- Provide a student voice in FYE marketing tools, programs, and resources.
- Design and publish interactive, engaging, and informative content on all FYE social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) daily.
- Monitor, manage, and track interactions with FYE social media accounts weekly.
Yea, Alabama! Support Student Coordinator will:
- Promote the Yea, Alabama! Program at Bama Bound events.
- Provide logistic and program planning support in preparing for Yea, Alabama!
- Serve as an assistant for administrative tasks in the office.
Camp 1831 Support Student Coordinator will:
- Maintain inventory of supplies and prepare future orders for Camp 1831.
- Promote Camp 1831 at Bama Bound events.
- Perform behind the scenes tasks to ensure program tasks including moving boxes, packing supplies, and other miscellaneous tasks.
Normal Work Schedule:
20 Hours per Week (approx May 7 – August 17); Monday-Friday between 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pay Rate/Pay Range:
To be considered, applicants must attach a resume to their application and complete the application for ALL positions to which an applicant is applying. Applicants may apply to more than 1 open position using the same application.
Apply at https://universityofalabama.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0ChidZLmGNE7Hyl