Sep 11, 2018
Assist communications department with duties that pertain to all media relations functions for the Orlando Magic.
Reports To: Communications Manager
- Game night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of games worked per season: ALL HOME GAMES
- Event night responsibilities: No
- Approximate number of events worked per season: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with game day/night operations, including preparing media credentials and setting up all media operations areas and distributing statistics, among other responsibilities.
- Assist with the production of the media guide and other department materials.
- Participate in planning, setting up and controlling all aspects of press conferences.
- Prepare and deliver advance packets to the team hotel the day prior to all games (including weekends).
- Attend community relations and other events as needed as the public relations representative.
- Write press releases as needed and follow through with the editing/distribution process.
- Responsible for keeping and updating team statistics during NBA season.
- Assist with compilation of news clippings from local, national and international news media & the Internet.
- Assist with the game-day program by writing articles and feature stories.
- Office/administration duties, including data entry, answering phones, copying, filing and faxing, moving boxes.
- Makes decisions with little or no choice as to the methods and procedures used in achieving results.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Junior, Senior or graduate-level students or recent college graduates (up to 18 months) required.
- Sports management, public relations, communications and journalism or related majors preferred.
- Basketball knowledge required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
- Previous SID experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on AP writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to take direction without follow up.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others for whom you have no direct supervisory authority.
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.
To apply, visit this link. Position closes 9/21/18.