Sep 11, 2018
To serve as an in-house Graphic Designer for the Orlando Magic servicing internal and external creative needs and providing consistently legendary and innovative designs that enhance the brand, support organizational goals, and position the team as an industry leader.
Reports To: Assistant Director of Graphic Production
Indirectly Reports To: Director, Live Entertainment & Production
- Game night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of games worked per season: 1-20
- Event night responsibilities: Yes
- Approximate number of events worked per season: 1-20
- Develop visually compelling marketing campaigns that support organizational goals, creating designs and new creative for the Orlando Magic that enhance and elevate the brand’s level of excellence.
- Seek, understand, prioritize and translate client input into strategic creative solutions that meet the client’s marketing and communications objectives.
- Design and layout a wide variety of materials including but not limited to:
- Traditional and digital billboards
- Direct mail
- Digital Signage
- Social Media
- Collaborate and contribute to the creative development process as a member of the Graphic Production team, consistently partnering with other creative areas of the organization and working with external agencies as applicable.
- Ensure quality control, including proofing, reviewing, and evaluating creative output.
- Assist Assistant Director of Graphic Production with the evaluation of and assignment of departmental work projects. Help determine scope of projects and assist with the designation of staff resources based on daily work flow.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Graphic Production to serve as point of contact with external vendors such as printers, designers, sign companies, newspapers, etc. in relation to the production quality and delivery of creative projects.
- Work with Digital Content Coordinator to organize and maintain creative assets for use within the organization. Support organizational file management procedures and organize projects and assets for long-term archival.
- Anticipate production challenges and troubleshoot any potential negative outcomes.
- Adhere to company brand, campaign and platform guidelines when designing.
- Design and distribute art for Amway Center exterior displays as assigned by the Assistant Director of Graphic Production including content for Orlando Magic Marketing, Corporate Partnerships and Orlando Venues.
- Maintain working knowledge of social media trends and participate in ideation, strategic planning and creation of social media content for all Orlando Magic social platforms.
- Complete text, layout or graphic changes to other department’s projects.
- Assist with art approvals, printing, art uploads, delivery, etc.
- Prepare files for printer and deliver according to system specifications.
- Represent the Graphic Production team and the Marketing department to others with integrity, courage and a spirit of teamwork.
- Articulate and support creative needs for media day and photo shoots.
- Assist in brainstorming and providing feedback to creative teams as requested.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects according to deadlines.
- Assure that internal client presentations are on time, professional, engaging, persuasive and supported by a sound design rationale.
- Serve as mentor to departmental intern. Provide creative direction, input and feedback on daily intern assignments. Provide organizational knowledge in terms of job process and internal client relationships. Provide technical support for hardware and software requirements.
- Set high standards for themselves and their work; hold themselves and their teammates to that same high standard.
- Engage in continued design and technology education and online training.
- Provide additional organization support by participation of external initiatives including, but not limited to, assigned Innovation Lab projects, Creative Spark, and Fun Addicts.
- Makes decisions while working within the limits of standard practice
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet and walk for 3+ hours per game
- Associate degree in Graphic Design or graphics related field or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator experience in an OS X environment required
- Proficient knowledge of pre-press, print production and proper file set up for outsource production
- Knowledge of still photography and an eye for photographic shots that will convey necessary messages of the design
- Preferred candidate would have experience or knowledge of motion graphic content creation (Adobe After Effects, Adobe Flash and/or HTML5)
- Experience integrating 3D artwork into traditional print design
- Professional sports experience and/or NBA knowledge strongly preferred
- Experience designing for non-traditional sign sizes
- Understanding a broad range of file formats and how they relate to LED displays such as electronic billboards and fascia displays
- Ability to interact professionally and confidentially with all levels of ownership/family management and staff required
- Excellent design skills and creativity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to take direction without follow up
- Ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over
- Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required
- Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary
To apply, visit this link. Position closes on 9/21/18.