Sep 24, 2018
Marketing and Communications Intern
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Builds the community’s understanding of the YMCA’s cause and impact. Develops and implements effective marketing and communication strategies.
- Create targeted marketing plans
- Analyze existing marketing and target audiences. Establish goals and track results using analytics and other methods.
- Develop marketing campaigns and create collateral in areas of interest (graphics, social media, video, etc.)
- Maintain calendar of events and marketing timeline.
- Assist with coordinating weekly radio spot and related topical marketing.
- Work with the Director’s to create and distribute content daily.
- Analyze and translate data from web analytics.
- Keep up to date on latest social media trends.
- Explore other social media outlets to expand the YMCA’s brand and help build a strong online community.
- Pursuing or received a degree in related field.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required
- Strong passion for digital art
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites preferred.
The internship is unpaid, however, you will receive a YMCA membership during your internship. You will also gain great experience working in the non-profit sector with one of the largest non-profit organizations in the nation.
If you are interested, please submit your resume to:
Shane Reeves, Membership Director, YMCA of Tuscaloosa
Phone: (205) 345-9622