Oct 31, 2018
Multimedia Sports Reporter Intern
Sporting News is a DAZN Group company and a market leader in the creation, distribution and monetization of premium sports media content for digital audiences worldwide, reaching an audience in excess of 30 million sports fans each month.
We are seeking ambitious, motivated, and creative multimedia sports reporters and social content producers for a paid internship from February-July 2019 in our Charlotte, N.C. office.
Sporting News interns should expect to be involved in all aspects of content creation, from pitching ideas to managing the brand social media accounts. Interns will also gain experience shaping breaking news coverage, writing and editing, and developing SEO best practices.
- Have the ability to work smart and fast in a digital environment.
- Know how to write clean, concise and interesting content in a variety of digital formats.
- Have a working knowledge of U.S. sports and the U.S. sports media market.
- Have solid understanding of best SEO practices.
- Be a team player, willing to work with editors and writers to produce quality content.
- Have strong grammar skills, meticulous attention to detail and a firm grasp of AP style.
- Be flexible, willing to work a combination of days, nights and weekends out of our Charlotte, N.C., office.(No telecommuting)
- Email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Spring 2019 Internship Applicant.”
- Provide three links to relevant pieces of content, notable social media posts, demo reels, or portfolios in the email or in PDF.
- Provide links to your social media channels.
- The deadline for all applications is Sunday, November 4th.
- Internship offers will go out no later than Wednesday, November 21st.