Visit www.oscarmayer.com/wienermobile and https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/4210542?ref=16-dashboard for more info
Who? – You! We need outgoing, creative, friendly, enthusiastic, recent college graduates who have an appetite for adventure and are willing to see the country through the windshield of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile for one year. Applicants should have a BA or BS, preferably in public relations, journalism, communications, advertising, or marketing, though applicants are not limited to these degrees.
What? – To represent Oscar Mayer as a brand ambassador through radio and television appearances, newspaper interviews, grocery retail and charity functions. To “meat” and greet people from coast to coast. To maintain company car (Oscar Mayer Wienermobile). To work with internal and external consumer promotions, marketing and sales professionals. To manage your own traveling public relations firm; organizing promotions, contributing to brand social content and pitching TV, radio and print media.
Where? – The Hot Dog Highways of America. Wienermobile vehicles travel through all regions of the country visiting big cities and small towns alike, bringing miles of smiles to millions.
Why? – The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile has become an American icon for over 80 years and provides a Wiener Whistle and a smile for all. Oscar Mayer uses the Wienermobile at special events throughout the country and they need people like you to coordinate all aspects of Wienermobile travel and event management.
Competitive salary, plus expenses, benefits and team apparel.
Experience being your own traveling public relations firm.
Experience in a self-managed position with many responsibilities.
Be a mini-celebrity in small towns and big cities through event appearances and media interviews, and being the driver of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in public relations, journalism, communications, advertising, or marketing, though applicants are not limited to these degrees
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Outgoing, friendly, passionate, and enthusiastic personality
· Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
· Desire and ability to spend the year on the road as an ambassador for Oscar Mayer
· Must be comfortable with daily road travel in the Wienermobile and staying in hotels or short-term corporate housing throughout the United States
· Required valid Driver’s License including a favorable driving record (a driving record will be requested as part of the recruitment process)
· Legally authorized to work in the United States and applicant WILL NOT require employment visa sponsorship now or in the future
· Must be able to work on major holidays