Dec 11, 2020
See more on Handshake here: https://ua.joinhandshake.com/postings?page=1&per_page=25&sort_direction=desc&sort_column=default&query=island%20brands%20usa
Marketing + Social Media Internship Description
Island Brands USA is a premium growing beer brand based in Charleston, SC. Our all-American lager is brewed with only quality, all natural ingredients without fillers or preservatives. You can probably tell by our name that we market toward the island and coastal lifestyle, resonating with folks who enjoy the outdoors.
We are looking for rock star interns who are interested in or understand ‘lifestyle brands’. Someone who is passionate about and loves the outdoors, surfing, sailing, fishing, paddling–you name it! Spend time with a chill but fast-paced team, meet incredible people, learn new things and get exposed to great opportunities. We’re building a culture that rewards smart, driven, and fun-loving people. We all work hard and have plenty of fun along the way.
Interns will gain experience in the following areas: social media, digital marketing and influencer marketing. This is an unpaid position, please check with your school to see if this experience is eligible for credit.
Goal: Growing Island brands.
Hours: 15 hrs/week minimum
Responsibilities: We value our crew, no matter what your role is. While you’ll have the opportunity to learn about the items below, you’ll also have the freedom and flexibility to work on the things that are interesting and most valuable to you.
- Community engagement
- Islander activation/management
- Influencer Marketing
- Social media management
- Market research
- And then some!
Prior Knowledge + Skills:
- Social media savvy (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able and willing to learn new things
- Highly competent worker
- Can multi-task and meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership and teamwork experience is a plus
- Driven, self-starter
- Photography/video skills are a plus but not required
- Google apps experience and knowledge (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Calendar, etc.)
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good vibes
This position complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act.