Join our team as an Intern in a National Park!
Students choosing to spend a summer or career in a National Park will meet employees and visitors from all over the world and gain incredible hands-on experience in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
Our internships and externships are for current students pursuing degrees in Hospitality, Culinary, Recreation, or Sustainability. The internship program is designed to be between 3-6 months. Most opportunities are available during our summer season, April – October.
Successful interns will be given a high level of consideration when applying for future positions.
Positions are available at numerous National Parks and students should specify which park they are interested in working at by viewing available parks on our web site.
Students will be assigned a supervisor or internship contact after they are hired into a position.
Interns will be exposed to a high volume hospitality enterprise in some of the most beautiful places on earth. Some anticipated learning objectives are;
1. Gain exposure and experience within the student’s field of study to enhance their classroom learning.
2. Apply the classroom knowledge gained in a professional work setting to solve practical real-world problems.
3. Build relationships and community with people that are different from you.
4. Create and nurture productive and engaged work environments.
5. Assess one’s own strengths and weakness as it relates to their career development
6. Clearly identify career goals and effective strategies for achieving them.
7. Participate in available activities that enhance the employability of student.
8. Identify some of the challenges and solutions for operating a sustainable Hospitality Enterprise within a National Park.
Job Requirements: students should be pursuing additional culinary skills or a hospitality degree. Job requirements will depend upon the students interest, skills and anticipated professional development.