Dec 18, 2020
Though 2020 brought challenges around the world, we are proud of all that our College has accomplished this year! Here are just a few of the honors and achievements we are celebrating:
- Our public relations program was named the Most Outstanding Education Program in the country by PRWeek.
- C&IS had nearly $8 million worth of research grant submissions this year, which is the most we have ever seen as a college.
- In just under three days, donors, who included C&IS faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends, contributed more than $15,000 to this year’s Bama Blitz passion project and exceeded our fundraising goal.
- The Center for Public Television received 6 Emmy nominations and 1 win.
- Two C&IS Advertising students were named to the AAF Most Promising Multicultural Students Class of 2020.
- Capstone Agency was named the top student-run agency for their 3rdconsecutive opportunity.
- SLIS raised more than $23,200 in new free books to School Libraries in the Black Belt and Beyond.
- A $325,000 renovation enhanced meeting and laboratory space for the Institute for Communication and Information Research and the Office for Graduate Studies.
- 68 alumni and industry professionals committed to serving as Oakley Society Mentors.
We owe much of our success to the support of you—our alumni and friends. Thank you for making this a year worth celebrating!