Oct 13, 2022
Posted: October 13, 2022
What: Social Media Assistant
Where: Computer Science Department at the University of Alabama
Office Location: University of Alabama 3043 H.M. Comer, 245 7th Ave, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Hours: 5 hours/week – more if needed for extra events
The Computer Science Department of the University of Alabama is looking to hire a social media assistant to help develop and manage the social media strategy for the department’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
- This position would work with the chair of the social media committee and team to target the suggested audience
- Have a deep understanding of the social media universe
- Be familiar with the University of Alabama and the area
- Self-motivated and self-driven, able to create their own tasks, think creatively, and strategically, and think of new content on their own
- Must have new and exiting ways to share the information for the department
- Must be able to write copy for social media posts and be extremely creative to suggest new strategies to promote the students, faculty, research of the department
- Ability to create, edit contents and videos for Reels and website
- Hours are flexible
How to Apply: Please email a resume and availability to Jamie Thompson if interested in this position.