Apr 30, 2023
Posted: April 28, 2023
The Marketing Content Manager works with the Visit Tuscaloosa team to enhance our community’s economic position and vitality, to ensure every visitor feels important and that our community is positioned to compete. Through a variety of content development, this role helps to sell the City of Tuscaloosa and Northport and Tuscaloosa County’s public image as a dynamic place to live, work, play, and visit. This position helps create collateral and content that strengthens the community and seeks to improve the quality of life for residents and quality of place for visitors.
- The Marketing Content Coordinator will plan, create, and implement content for various Visit Tuscaloosa marketing and communications efforts. Examples include email marketing, blog writing, printed visitor collateral, and social media copy, as well as for other marketing, advertising, public relations and communications initiatives.
- Manage and curate aspects of the Visit Tuscaloosa website. Examples include the events calendar, listings of restaurants, hotels and attractions, and blogs.
- Receive and support general service requests submitted via the Visit Tuscaloosa website such as listings updates and customer info requests.
- Receive and respond to general service requests and messages submitted via the Visit Tuscaloosa social media accounts such as customer info requests.
- Maintain an editorial calendar of all the above-mentioned communications.
- Maintain and organize a photo library of Visit Tuscaloosa’s images and user generated content images.
- Aptitude for learning emerging digital platforms and client communications tools. Examples include Mailchimp email marketing, Sprout social media management, WordPress, Canva and ChatGPT.
- Copywriting and proofreading at a high level, including the ability to industry style and best practices.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with City and County officials as well as all represented entities of the hospitality and tourism industry both within and outside the Tuscaloosa area.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with various media outlets inside and outside the market in order to enhance the image of tourism and the destination.
- Assist and support in public relations efforts as requested, including but not limited to press releases, media alerts, and other external communications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned, such as coordination of promotional items, print projects, and event support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The Marketing Content Manager will possess a college degree and be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of public relations, marketing, or working in a hospitality or tourism related industry.
Candidates must be able to provide writing samples that show competency in writing marketing copy. This may be in the form of ad copy, web copy, social media posts, blog posts, video or audio commercial scripts, campaign reports or other marketing content, including work done as a student or for an internship.
All interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, writing samples and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close Friday, May 19 at 5:00 p.m. CST.