Nov 9, 2023
Posted: November 9, 2023
Mercedes-Benz U.S. International – The Co-Op Program gives students an opportunity to gain real world experience in an international environment. Work side by with professionals in a variety of departments.
- Currently enrolled as a student in an accredited university in the U.S.
- Students must be at least sophomore level
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Must be able to complete multiple alternating terms (Spring, Summer, Fall), Business Students can complete two terms.
- Must be able to work onsite in Vance, Alabama
As a Co-Op, you will also:
- Be challenged to think beyond your comfort zone
- Gain experience working in a global setting
- Network with like-minded professionals and other students
- Graduate with a year of experience
- Become a leader on your team
There is a fit for you: you will find your niche at MBUSI. We offer a variety of positions in different departments. During your three-term rotation, you can have the ability to request a specific department within the plant.
You are our investment in the future. Our goal is to help you grow professionally and personally. During your time at MBUSI, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of significant projects and tasks that are specific to your department. Through ownership of these assignments, you will be able to utilize your skillsets on real industry needs that will help your department meet its goals. Additionally, you will be paired with a mentor that is on your team, to help reach your personal and professional goals.
Current Spring 24 Needs:
- Mechanical Engineer – There are a number of different departments that request MEs (Body Series Planning, Battery Plant, Assembly Process Engineering, Paint Shop, Quality, Assembly Series Planning, Body Process Engineering, and more
- Electrical Engineer – Some departments requesting EEs are Facilities Engineering, Controls and Standards, Quality, and Body Process Engineering
- Operations Management – Request by Logistics Dept.
- Management – Request by International Procurement Dept.
- Communications – Request by Communication Dept.
Questions can be directed to Roger Baird at MBUSI. For more information about co-op, visit https://coop.sa.ua.edu/cooperative-education/.