Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role
We have multiple Content Marketing opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the NYC area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
Your Role Accountabilities
You will be working as part of a team that is a trusted source for unbiased and unfiltered consumer perspectives that help our business partners make strategic and informed decisions. Your work will primarily to support the content marketing team to optimize their campaigns for upcoming HBO and Max originals. This is a unique opportunity to participate in all aspects of the research process at each stage in the lifecycle of an upcoming show or movie.
Duties could include:
- Contribute to research projects in all facets from design through presentation building to uncover and communicate actionable insights
- Help keep track of the global programming calendar – both Max originals and on other streaming platforms
- Assist in monitoring marketing funnel metrics for upcoming original titles
- Contribute to trended reports shared with stakeholders weekly
- Work with your manager to analyze a large, trended dataset to uncover new insights
- Assist in crafting surveys and/or discussion guides to ensure they can answer key business questions
- Keep up with in season original programming to contribute to related survey design
- Assist in developing target audiences that will shape marketing strategy through creative positioning
- Help edit series concepts and organizing creative assets for testing
- Analyze and synthesize research results into strategic recommendations for developing future marketing campaigns
- Coordinate with internal, and external partners for project management
Qualifications & Experience
- Knowledge of the TV landscape including upcoming shows/movies and streaming platforms
- An avid interest in market research and understanding the voice of the consumer
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to analyze and synthesize large data sets
- Strong writing skills and the ability to tell stories through data visualization
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, consistency, and quality
- Experience with web-based analytics tools
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (3.0 or above GPA)
About Our Internship Program
WBD’s Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What to know before applying:
- The duration of the summer program regardless of which start/end option is 11 weeks.
- Program date options:
- Option 1: June 3rd – August 16th
- Option 2: June 10th – August 23rd
- Program date options:
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 15th, 2024
- *Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!*