Argus is a fast-growing global media company providing essential information to the commodities industries. We are now recruiting current undergraduate or graduate students, or recent grads interested in a paid internship for the Summer of 2018 from June 4th to August 3rd. Our Interns will spend time investigating and writing news and analysis while rotating between different markets such as crude oil, refined products, natural gas, petrochemicals, metals, and fertilizers.
After the duration of the internship, students will have gained a broad understanding of the commodity markets and the key drivers behind these markets, and will have a portfolio of their news and analysis to take with them.
- Produce daily or weekly news and analysis on specific markets, for publication online and in our market reports, under the guidance of an experienced editor
- Attend meetings, conferences and industry events to build contacts, report on news, and represent Argus
- Contribute to research and special projects as needed
- Gain a deeper understanding of the Argus business and methodologies, and what goes into being a news or markets reporter
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Recent graduate or currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with anticipated graduation date of May or December 2018 in journalism, communications, economics, business, or relevant field
- Excellent written communication skills; experience in journalism is preferred
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Exceptional time management skills; must be able to multitask and meet daily and weekly deadlines
- Legal authorization to work in the US for any employer
Argus is an independent media organization with over 800 full time staff. It is headquartered in London and has offices in each of the world’s principal commodity centers. Its main activities comprise publishing market reports containing price assessments, market commentary and news, and business intelligence reports that analyze market and industry trends.
Argus is a leading provider of data on prices and fundamentals, news, analysis, consultancy services and conferences for the global crude, oil products, LPG, natural gas, electricity, coal, emissions, bioenergy, fertilizer, petrochemical, metals and transportation industries. Data provided by Argus are widely used for indexation of physical trade. Companies, governments and international agencies use Argus information for analysis and planning purposes.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To view this internship and more, visit Handshake.