CAMP offers high school students the opportunity to interact with UA faculty, staff, alumni and current students while learning about communication and media industries.
- Promote innovation and creativity
- Expose participants to the world of communication and media in areas such as broadcast, media production, promotion, social media, writing and public speaking
- Provide a hands-on learning environment that includes interactive guest speakers, collaborative workshops, a culminating project and off-site trips
- Serve as a laboratory for participants to create original work alongside UA C&IS faculty
- Introduce participants to the C&IS college experience
Cost: C&IS CAMP has a cost of $500. This includes lodging, meals and your CAMP gear.
Who: CAMP is designed for rising high school sophomores through rising high school seniors (will identify with this status in Fall 2017).
When: July 12-15, 2017.
Where: The University of Alabama campus—many sessions will take place in Reese Phifer Hall and Bryant-Denny Stadium. Participants will stay on campus in University of Alabama, suite-style residence halls.
Schedule: For a look at the tentative, in-depth CAMP schedule, click here.