CAMP offers high school students the opportunity to interact with UA faculty, staff, alumni and current students while learning about communication and media industries.
- Promote innovation and creativity
- Expose participants to the world of communication and media in areas such as broadcast, media production, promotion, social media, writing and public speaking
- Provide a hands-on learning environment that includes interactive guest speakers, collaborative workshops, a culminating project and off-site trips
- Serve as a laboratory for participants to create original work alongside UA C&IS faculty
- Introduce participants to the C&IS college experience
Cost: C&IS CAMP has a cost of $850. This includes lodging, meals, administrative fees and your CAMP gear.
Who: CAMP is designed for rising high school sophomores through rising high school seniors.
When: CAMP will be July 11-15, 2023
Where: The University of Alabama campus—many sessions will take place in Reese Phifer Hall and UA Athletic Facilities. Participants will stay on campus in a suite-style residence hall. In the past, participants have stayed in Presidential Village 1 residence hall.
Schedule: The final CAMP 2023 schedule will be released in July 2023. For a look at the 2022 CAMP schedule, click here.