CAMP offers high school students the opportunity to interact with UA faculty, staff, alumni and current students while learning about communication and media industries.
- Promote innovation and creativity
- Expose participants to the world of communication and media in areas such as broadcast, media production, promotion, social media, writing and public speaking
- Provide a hands-on learning environment that includes interactive guest speakers, collaborative workshops, a culminating project and off-site trips
- Serve as a laboratory for participants to create original work alongside UA C&IS faculty
- Introduce participants to the C&IS college experience
Cost: C&IS CAMP has a cost of $600. This includes lodging, meals and your CAMP gear.
- Scholarships: There are a limited number of scholarships available to students with expressed financial need. Scholarship applications are open from February 4 – April 30, 2019. Students who apply for a scholarship should wait to register for CAMP until hearing back about their scholarship application status by May 14, 2019. For more information and to apply for a scholarship, click here.
Who: CAMP is designed for rising high school sophomores through rising high school seniors.
When: July 16-20, 2019.
Where: The University of Alabama campus—many sessions will take place in Reese Phifer Hall and UA Athletic Facilities. Participants will stay on campus in a University of Alabama, suite-style residence hall.
Schedule: For a look at this year’s CAMP schedule, click here.