2019 CAMP Leadership Team
The CAMP leadership team is a group of upperclassmen student leaders who are passionate about C&IS and its resources and eager to share their experiences with high school students interested in communication and media. During CAMP, the leadership team will facilitate discussion and completion of a multifaceted campaign project spearheaded by the participants. Team members will work alongside C&IS faculty in teaching, mentoring, and preparing students to develop and present their final campaign project. They will also facilitate the CAMP schedule by guiding students through the sessions, facilities, and social activity times. Members of the leadership team have a strong understanding of the College of Communication and Information Sciences and The University of Alabama. To prepare for the experience, leaders will spend time in the spring semester attending training workshops. All C&IS majors are eligible to apply.
- 2.75 GPA
- Good academic standing and conduct standing with the University
- Uphold all expectations on the contract (contract will be distributed at training)
- Attend training sessions
- Be in active communication with Tisch Student Services and External Relations (regularly check and respond to any communication about CAMP)
Application and Interview Process:
- Wednesday, January 9: CAMP Leadership Team Application Available
- Wednesday, January 30: CAMP Leadership Team Application Deadline
- Tuesday & Wednesday, February 5 & 6: CAMP Leadership Team Interviews
- Friday, February 8: Notify New CAMP Leadership Team
- Training dates (All Trainings will take place in The Hub on the first floor of Reese Phifer Hall):
- February 12, 5 – 7 p.m.
- February 19, 5 – 7 p.m.
- March 5, 5 – 7 p.m.
- April 23, 5 – 6:30 p.m.
- Day 0 (Training and Preparation): July 15, all day
- CAMP Dates: July 16 – 20, 2019
- Live on campus in the residence hall with participants during the week of CAMP
The 2019 CAMP Leadership Team application is available by clicking the button below or by visiting https://cis.ua.edu/engage.