Check-in Details: Check-in will take place from 3:00 – 3:45 p.m. at Presidential Village I residence hall.
CAMP Participant Forms and Expectations: The CAMP Expectations and Liability Waiver, Travel Plans form and Health and Medical Information form must be completed and emailed to Rachel Creel prior to CAMP check-in.
Housing Arrangements: Participants will be housed in Presidential Village I, an on-campus suite-style residence hall. Residence halls are furnished with extra-long twin beds. Each suite will sleep several students of the same gender. Participants will have the opportunity to identify a roommate preference on the registration form. Participants are responsible for their bed linens, towels and toiletries.
Packing: Participants will need to bring clothing for five days (including one business-casual outfit for final presentations), bedding materials, toiletries and towels. To view our suggested packing check list, click here.
Parking: To view a campus parking map specific to C&IS CAMP, click here. The sections highlighted in Yellow are areas available for parking during CAMP participant housing check-in and indicate where driving CAMP participants may park during CAMP. Please note that CAMP participants who drive will be asked to surrender their keys at check-in. The sections highlighted in blue indicate where parking is available for CAMP’s closing luncheon.
Cell Phone Policy
Students are encouraged to remain engaged and interested in the experience. Cell phones are permitted, and students may be encouraged to use them as a supplement to content sessions. This use will be at the discretion of the faculty.
Please make sure any dietary need, medication information, allergy, or any other special accommodation is reflected in your registration. We strive to provide the best experience for every student. If you require special accommodations, please contact Tisch Student Services & External Relations to make appropriate arrangements at 205-348-8599.
In Case of Emergency
In case of an emergency where you need to contact a participant, contact Tisch Student Services & External Relations at 205-348-8599. The staff will be able to get any necessary messages to CAMP participants.
For a look at this year’s tentative CAMP schedule, click here.
Parents/guardians are invited to CAMP presentations and the closing luncheon. CAMP participants will present their final campaign projects in Reese Phifer Hall (Room 216) on July 14 at 9AM. This is a chance for parents/guardians to see their student’s hard work and contributions during the CAMP program.
Participants that are driving themselves will be able to park their cars in the Riverside East surface lot and parking deck (the large lot in yellow on this map). After students arrive, their keys will be collected and any remaining transportation needs will be provided by CAMP.
For parents and students coming to CAMP from out of town, here is a list of resources that may help:
- Service from Tuscaloosa to the Birmingham Airport (suggested services)
- Housing and Residential Communities (Breaks only): (205) 348-6676
- Crown Limo and Sedan Services: (205) 758-3875 (advance reservation required)
- Ambassador Limo Service: (205) 556-5466 (advance reservation required)
- Prestige Limo Service: (205) 333-9879 (advance reservation required)
- Scuttle Shuttle: (205) 471-7433
- Taxi Service from the Birmingham Airport to Tuscaloosa
- Birmingham Door to Door: (205) 591-5550
- Executive Shuttle Network: (205) 702-4566
- Ambassador Limo Service: (205) 556-5466
- Taxi Service (may also provide airport transportation)
- Alpha and Omega Taxi Service: (205) 242-8936
- Ambassador Limousine Service: (205) 556-5466
- Deluxe Taxi: (205) 758-9025
- Lee’s Taxi: (205) 886-2983
- Radio Cab: (205) 758-2831
- Hotel Capstone has reserved a block of rooms at a special rate that can be accessed by visiting this link. For guests to Tuscaloosa wishing to stay at Hotel Capstone in the C&IS CAMP block of rooms, please book your stay by June 20.