This webpage serves as a resource for C&IS students to search for internships in communication and media. The job postings are intended for all undergraduate majors and are for internships located in the state, region and internationally. No representations are made about the job postings included on this site. Advertisement of these job postings should not be interpreted as an endorsement or otherwise encouragement for students to apply for positions. Students bear the burden of researching all employers, and terms of employment, before responding to the job postings.
Looking for summer interns to join our team! Atlas Films is a production company that focuses on documentary projects ranging from Katie Couric’s Fed Up, Under the Gun, The Devil We Know, to our recent Sundance Film Festival winning Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez project, Knock Down the House, which airs on Netflix, May 1! We are looking for interns that are interested in rolling up their sleeves and diving into the wonderful world of documentary development and pre-production. We are seeking candidates who are self sufficient, proficient in social media, have impeccable communication skills, and have an interest in learning more about the process of documentary filmmaking. For the summer months, interns will have the opportunity to work with our team as we develop, pitch, and are in pre-production on several projects. Students have the ability to work remotely if they are unable to be in the Los Angeles area during the summer months.
Location of Internship Los Angeles
Internship Start Date Mid May
Internship End Date August
This is not a paid internship.
We are seeking candidates who are self sufficient, proficient in social media, have impeccable communication skills, and have an interest in learning more about the process of documentary film-making. Interns must have access to a computer as a lot of the work is done remotely.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
May 6, 2019
Cartography Consulting is a marketing firm that specializes in marketing for lawyers and law firms throughout the Southeast, as well as local organizations and companies. We are looking for an energetic, highly detail-oriented, proactive, and self-starting communications intern this summer who has an interest in developing their social media, content production, and video production and editing skills. Interest in attending law school or in the legal field is a plus.
Drafting social media graphics;
Drafting social media calendars;
Scheduling social media posts;
Designing and scheduling direct email campaigns;
Managing client databases;
Research on developing trends in legal marketing;
Drafting blogs and original content targeted to legal consumers;
Producing and editing videos; and
Miscellaneous administrative support, as needed.
Location of Internship Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Internship Start Date 05/31/2019
Internship End Date 08/14/2019
This is a paid internship.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Social media management software (e.g. Sprout Social)
Direct marketing platform (e.g. MailChimp)
Video production and editing software (e.g. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, iMovie)
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
Please submit your resume as well as a cover letter to be considered for this position
Birmingham’s own Roller Derby team, The Tragic City Rollers, are looking to expand and refine our social media presence with a Social Media Management internship. Boost your resume and gain experience by being apart of one of the fastest growing DIY sports in the world.
Most of the work can be done remotely but ideally candidates will be available to attend home games and a few PR events throughout the year as well (Roughly 4-6 events, usually on Saturdays, from July-October).
Location of Internship Birmingham, Al
Internship Start Date 5/25/2019
Internship End Date Contingent
This is not a paid internship.
Social Media Management, public relations, sports media.
To apply to this position, please email your resume to Ilc@tragiccityrollers.com
Infor Copywriting Intern
Location: US-NY-New York
Category: Hook & Loop Employment
– Infor is a global company that provides enterprise software products for every aspect of business. We build complete industry
suites in the cloud and efficiently deploy technology that puts the user experience first, leverages data science, and integrates
easily with your existing systems. With 17,000 employees and over 68,000 customers in more than 170 countries, Infor software is
designed for progress.
– The Marketing Creative team at Infor is a collaborative team of designers, information architects, online experts, project managers,
writers, and filmmakers who are building, maintaining, expanding and uplifting the Infor brand to increase Infor’s corporate
awareness around the world.
As the Copywriting Intern, you will work on the Marketing Creative team to ideate, research, write, edit, and bring the Infor story to
life. Candidates must be exceedingly proactive, full of energy, and eager to thrive in a creative environment.
The ideal candidate has the tenacity to dive into any project, small or large, has a passion for brand consistency, and is excited at
the opportunity to help us tell our story. A strong work ethic, flexibility, and the ability to take a step back and have fun are
necessary for this role.
The type of person who soars at Infor:
• Works independently but loves being part of a team
• Has good presentation and communication skills
• Has an understanding of both the start-up and corporate environments
• Feels a creative calling to be part of something historic
• Ideate, research, write, and repurpose copy/content as needed for brand campaign creative, editorial, and marketing projects
• Understand, monitor, and execute against best practices in each channel: print, web, social, email, marketing and advertising
• Understand the business objectives and competitive set for projects and formulate how constructive storylines can be crafted
based on context, white space and Infor’s POV
• Edit and proofread work, your own and others
• Participate in ideation, brainstorming and strategy sessions as requested and guide them in creative, yet productive directions
• Meet deadlines; communicate in advance inability to meet deadlines and/or other concerns; track time against allocations on a
weekly basis; do what is needed to deliver
• Junior/senior actively enrolled in a BA or BFA degree in marketing communication, English, journalism, or related field required
• Exceptional communication skills, file management, and organization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Adobe editorial tools preferred
• An incredible eye for tone, clarity, and the ability produce crisp, concise writing
• Exceptional time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Collaborate well with others, be super fun, and inspire creativity
• Required minimum GPA: 3.0
To be considered, all applicants must submit:
• Updated Resume (save file as: Last Name_First Name.pdf), include GPA & expected graduation date
• Cover Letter (save file as: Last Name_First Name_Cover.pdf)
• Contact Information (Name, Telephone, Preferred Email)
• Portfolio and/or any additional work examples as listed under requirements
If you are interested in applying for this position, please follow this link: http://tinyurl.com/yd5fbuhw
Public Relations and Communications Academic Internship Program in Washington, DC
June 8 – August 2, 2019
Communications Program Extended Deadline: April 15
Are you still thinking about a summer internship in communications and public relations? There’s no better place to learn the nuts and bolts of PR than in Washington, DC. Our nation’s capital has a wider variety of PR and communications opportunities that you simply won’t find anywhere else. Almost everyone in Washington has some message or cause they want to promote.
In DC you can practice communications and PR at a traditional corporate PR firm, an association or public affairs operation, a nonprofit or advocacy organization, a Congressional office, or even a federal agency. Why not take a closer step to becoming a PR pro by interning in America’s most exciting city this summer?
We have internship partners that will give you the experience of a lifetime. Here’s a sampling of the companies and organizations where we are now placing students:
* kglobal<https://weblaunch.blifax.com/listener3/redirect?l=fae3afdd-cf5f-49ea-95a1-b679d0e8270e&id=81bc7a4e-f456-e911-bfea-0050569f409f&u=https%3a%2f%2fwww.kglobal.com%2f> – This dynamic, award winning firm is blowing the competition out the water with their full service PR & Public Affairs services. Interns are treated like one of the team with hands on experience.
* Story Partners DC<https://weblaunch.blifax.com/listener3/redirect?l=10e23b52-c606-4dcb-9420-19f9eb11506f&id=81bc7a4e-f456-e911-bfea-0050569f409f&u=https%3a%2f%2fwww.storypartnersdc.com%2f> – Under the leadership of founder Gloria Dittus, this firm provides the full spectrum of PR services. From animal health to energy, medical devices to transportation, this powerhouse has the strategies, creative thinking and zeal to win hearts, minds and votes for their clients’ issues, causes or brand.
* Street Sense<https://weblaunch.blifax.com/listener3/redirect?l=ae711516-b0aa-4f61-9cf6-5c598f0f5678&id=81bc7a4e-f456-e911-bfea-0050569f409f&u=https%3a%2f%2fwww.streetsensemedia.org%2f> – This nonprofit advocates on behalf of the homeless population in DC. This internship gives students the opportunity to write, produce videos, and develop social media campaigns.
* The Center for Climate & Energy Solutions<https://weblaunch.blifax.com/listener3/redirect?l=c8cf6849-c69f-4178-a7ec-6c098722042f&id=81bc7a4e-f456-e911-bfea-0050569f409f&u=https%3a%2f%2fwww.c2es.org%2f> – This organization works to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. Interns write press releases, newsletters, social media posts, and work on media outreach.
Our program is committed to helping you network with as many PR & Communications professionals as possible while you are in DC. We do this with our one on one mentor program, weekly guest lectures, networking events, briefings, tours, and professional development seminars.
The program includes a guaranteed internship placement, classes at George Mason University and housing in downtown DC just a few blocks from the White House and the State Department.
How to Apply – April 15 Special Extended Deadline
If you have dreamed of what it would be like to live and work in Washington, DC, now is the time to make that dream a reality. Take the first step and apply today!
CrossingPoints Summer Bridge Program
This position is an undergraduate mentor position for the CrossingPoints Summer Bridge Program. Graduate student applicants will also be considered. Mentors provide support to program participants who are students with intellectual disabilities who are participating in an exploratory college experience for the two terms of Summer (June & July). Mentors provide supports to program participants in different capacities across campus in such areas as residential living in a campus dorm, academic support in classes, employment on campus, and social engagement across campus.
To learn more about the CrossingPoints Summer Bridge Program, visit crossingpoints.ua.edu
UA Career Center - The UA Career Center partners with students as they explore possibilities, develop skills and connect with opportunities. Log on to Crimson Careers to review additional internships and full-time employment opportunities.
Industry Immersion - Consider an Industry Immersion trip to visit a city of interest and network with industry professionals over three days and four nights.
If you are seeking course credit for your internships, please contact the Internship Coordinator for your major to make these arrangements prior to the term in which your internship will begin: