Academic advising in C&IS occurs by both professional advisors, housed in Tisch Student Services and External Relations on the first floor of Reese Phifer Hall, and by faculty members in each department. Our academic advisors value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our students and contribute to their academic success through coaching and mentoring. To find out who your academic advisor is, click here.
Student Quick Links:
Our professional academic advisors located in the office of Tisch Student Services and External Relations have produced a series of helpful videos to walk you through some commonly encountered issues and frequently asked questions related to DegreeWorks, course registration and more. Click “View all” below to browse these videos.View all >>
Using DegreeWorks “What-if” tool:
Advanced Course Search:
How to Register for Classes:
Check for holds and advising PINS:
Transfer Equivalency Tables:
General Education Requirements:
Below are the general education requirements for each major. Please contact your advisor with any questions regarding course requirements.
- Advertising General Education Requirements (catalog year 20-21 and before)
- Advertising General Education Requirements (beginning catalog year 21-22)
- Communication Studies General Education Requirements
- Creative Media General Education Requirements
- News Media General Education Requirements
- Public Relations General Education Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions:
Our advisors have a crafted a curated list of their most frequently asked questions from their advisees, separated by category. To view the full list of FAQ’s, visit our Advising FAQ page here.
Additional Helpful links:
- Education Abroad
- First Year Experience and Retention Initiatives
- Industry Immersion
- C&IS Engagement Portal
Registrar and Billing Information: