C&IS Student Organization Fund
The following information serves as a guideline for proper submission. Only online submissions will be accepted.
Please follow the guidelines below. Failure to do so may result in a denial of your request.
The purpose of the C&IS Student Organization Fund is to provide funding for organizations in order to support the mission of each group, ultimately benefiting the college as a whole. All C&IS organizations or organizations with an affiliation with C&IS are eligible to submit requests each semester. Funding requests which meet the following criteria will be given priority:
- Promotes collaboration among student organizations
- Organization is actively involved with the Student Executive Council
- Organization promotes the college’s strategic priorities
- Organization must be in good-standing.
- Requests will be accepted based on the set application criteria (see attached) and availability of funds.
- Request amount cannot exceed $500 per organization involved.
- Organizations can submit more than 1 request per semester, but the total amount awarded cannot exceed $500.
- Requests can be used to cover events, fundraising and promotional materials.
Terms and Conditions
We appreciate your interest in the C&IS student organization fund. This fund was created by students, for students with the intention of strengthening the mission and goals of C&IS. We, the Student Executive Council (SEC), intend to support our peers throughout C&IS with active support of the administration.
Once you have reviewed and prepared all content within these guidelines, please submit your material via the online submission form. Awards will only be granted to completed applications. Please direct any questions about the C&IS Student Organization Fund application to SEC Advisor, Litsa Rivers at email@example.com.
The following steps must be completed in order to be reviewed by the SEC:
- Agree to the Student Organization Funding Request Terms and Conditions (please indicate agreement on online submission form)
- Completed request form (include detailed budget information).
- Submit any supporting documents.
Requests must be made at least 6 weeks prior to when funds are required. Applications will be reviewed three times per semester. Applications received after the monthly deadline will be reviewed the following month. You will be notified of the funding approval within 7 business days of each deadline.
- Fall 2016: September 14, October 19, November 16
- Spring 2017: February 8, March 28, April 12
*All requests for summer should be made in the spring semester.
The SEC provides funding based on availability of funds and the application criteria. Completed, thoughtful and organized application materials are expected. In addition, the request should be for funds which mutually benefit C&IS and organization (educational and promotional benefits).
Also, priority is given to organizations that:
- Promote collaboration among student organizations
- Are actively involved with the Student Executive Council
- Promote the college’s strategic priorities
Process of Approved Funding
If your request is accepted and funding is approved, you will be notified via e-mail (the e-mail address you provide on the form) within 7 business days of the application deadline. Once approved, the allocated funds will be distributed by check to your primary contact.
Approved Funding Requirements
If approved, applicants must complete the following requirements:
- All original receipts must be turned in to Tisch Student Services, Suite 190 Reese Phifer (attn. Litsa Rivers), no later than 7 business days after spending.
- All organizations must do a presentation to the SEC and C&IS administration about the benefit of allocated funds and any ideas related to the student organization funding.
For further questions regarding the C&IS Student Organization Fund, please contact Litsa Rivers, Director of College Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Before starting the online application, you will need to check the box that states you have read this information and understand all stated information.