Cotton Bowl Athletic Association Fred McClure Internship Job Description 2021-22
Overview: The Cotton Bowl Athletic Association seeks applicants for its Fred McClure Internship during the 2021-22 academic year. This position is slated to run five months approximately – beginning in late August 2021 and extending to late January 2022. The actual start and end dates will be determined in collaboration with the successful candidate.
The CBAA Fred McClure Internship is named for Fred McClure, the first African American to serve as CBAA Chairman and the first person to serve two terms as CBAA Chairman (1998- 2002). CBAA is an equal opportunity employer.
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer and Director of Communications
Essential Job Functions:
• Support the day-to-day operations of the CBAA office, including, but not limited to, general administrative and clerical support, sorting and distributing mail, sending and tracking packages and deliveries, organizing supply and storage rooms, tracking inventory for mass mailings and prepping materials for meetings and events.
• Serve in a primary role with the communications and marketing staffs on the strategic communications efforts and media operations planning and execution surrounding the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic.
• Demonstrate basic writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills. Possess basic computer skills in website content management systems and social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, Clubhouse) and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Additional consideration will be given to applicants with strong skills in graphic design and multimedia (audio/video production and editing) and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator and Premiere).
• Assist with the production (research, writing, editing, and design) of publications (including the media guide, official game program and other media-centric documents and content), digital and social media content (including video, audio or written content) and other collateral materials related to the promotion and marketing of Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic events and/or meetings.
• Assist in maintaining CBAA media archives, including statistics, media guides, records books, game programs, pictures, video/audio clips, news releases and multimedia content.
• Assist with the other aspects of the CBAA office and the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic, including, but not limited to, event management, game operations, ancillary events, ticketing, hospitality, pageantry and community service events.
• Assist, as needed, in the media operations, event management and game operations for regular-season college football games and the Big 12 Football Championship played at AT&T Stadium.
• Assist with planning and execution of various CBAA events and/or meetings.
• Develop a deep understanding of the various CBAA staff functions and responsibilities and be able to route inquires to the appropriate individual(s).
• Provide support to CBAA staff members with various projects, as needed.
• Perform other duties, as assigned, by the President.
• College degree in a related field. Previous experience working in a communications or related department and/or in a sports environment is preferred.
• A smart, self-starter who takes initiative with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• A multi-tasker with a passion for collegiate events, communications/social media and event operations, spectacular attention to detail and strong planning and organizational skills.
• A team player with the ability to work and communicate effectively with CBAA staff members and internal and external constituents.
Compensation: This position will receive a monthly stipend. The amount of the monthly stipend will be finalized in collaboration with the successful candidate. Health benefits, housing assistance or relocation will not be provided.
Instructions to Apply: Submit via email to include a cover letter, resume and the names and phone numbers of three (3) references (two professional and one personal) in a single PDF document to Scottie Rodgers, Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Apply: The deadline to apply is May 1, 2021.