The Division of Student Life is seeking a Graphic Design Intern for Summer 2024 and the 2024-2025 academic year.
About Student Life:
The Division of Student Life consists of 20+ non-academic areas of campus life. Some of these departments include: University Recreation, Dean of Students, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Center for Service and Leadership, and the Career Center. The Communications and External Engagement department works with these areas to promote events and initiatives.
- Current, full-time UA student with a major or minor in a creative field
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Knowledge of social media channels
- Creative thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized, dependable, and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Photography experience
- Assist in creating promotional material (digital and print)
- Develop social media images
- Proof and edit materials
- Maintain University branding standards while designing and promoting Student Life initiatives and/or events
This internship will be compensated at $10.00/hour. Hours are flexible and can be arranged according to a student’s academic/work schedule, however the student cannot work more than 15 hours per week at The University of Alabama. The location of internship will be in the Communications and External Engagement main office in the University Support Campus off of Helen Keller Blvd.
How to Apply:
Applicants should email resume and work samples or portfolio link to Kelsey Atchison at firstname.lastname@example.org.