United Way of West Alabama is a non-profit organization committed to improving lives and building a stronger community. We are seeking a talented Social Media Intern to join our team and contribute to our mission through effective online engagement and storytelling. The Social Media Intern will report to the Vice President of Communications.
- Content Creation
- Campaign Support
- Analytics and Reporting
- Current enrollment in relevant undergraduate or graduate program.
- Passion for community service and sharing others’ stories.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Familiarity with major social media platforms and trends.
- Basic graphic design skills (experience using Canva a plus).
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Duration and Compensation:
The internship is expected to last through this semester with the possibility of extension. Credits obtained for your internship are your responsibility to organize with your school or supervisor. Additional compensation can be discussed during the application process.
A one-hour weekly meeting is required in the office to discuss strategies. Beyond that, the person can choose to work in the office, remotely or a hybrid of both. The position typically requires 6-8 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume and examples of social media work/portfolio to Julie Mann: email@example.com.